Hide
8 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mobilize on an enemy planet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brown
msg tools
Let's say that there is a planet where my enermy has an air defense module for their base. Last turn I moved my units into an area on that active planet.

If I put a mobilze order this turn to that active planet and move units from an adjacent planet to my area on the active planet, but then I want to resolve a combat against the enemy base what decides what can come over?

I would assume that logically you could only use the units that were originally in the area on the active planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Westboarder wrote:
Let's say that there is a planet where my enermy has an air defense module for their base. Last turn I moved my units into an area on that active planet.

If I put a mobilze order this turn to that active planet and move units from an adjacent planet to my area on the active planet, but then I want to resolve a combat against the enemy base what decides what can come over?

I would assume that logically you could only use the units that were originally in the area on the active planet.

You are correct. you will only be able to have an assult with the units that are already on the planet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The best thing to do is play 2 mobilize tokens to that planet. One to bring over the troops to areas without your enemy base (hopefully empty ones) and the second to attack the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: wouldn't it be nearly impossible (or at least very difficult) to take out a base on a two sector planet if the enemy had a base on the larger of the two sectors and had air defenses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Related question: wouldn't it be nearly impossible (or at least very difficult) to take out a base on a two sector planet if the enemy had a base on the larger of the two sectors and had air defenses?

It is indeed tough to do so, but it often depends on where the base is. On Vyctor V, for example, if I recall, the 2-point Conquest area has a unit limit of 2, while the other area has 4. Thus, you can still stage a decent attack on the Base.

I think the "lucrative" areas on planets tend to have smaller unit limits for this very reason; harder to hold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:

In the team play variant I assume it would be impossible to attack one planet if both players in the team made one base each on for example Vyctor V.

Is this according to the rules or is it fixed some way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysthjuk wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

In the team play variant I assume it would be impossible to attack one planet if both players in the team made one base each on for example Vyctor V.

You can't build a base, if a base of your team-mate is already present at the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
carnifex wrote:
Mysthjuk wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

You can't build a base, if a base of your team-mate is already present at the planet.

Not quite correct. You can have bases of the same team on a planet, as long as there as at least one area of the planet that does NOT have one of your teams bases.

IE, your team cannot FILL the planet with bases, but other than that you can have multiple team bases there.

From the FAQ:
"Team Game Restriction
When playing a team game, a player cannot build a base on a planet if it will cause his team to have a base on every area of the planet. This is to prevent a team from acquiring the air support module and making it impossible for opponents to move to a small planet."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.