Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch HELLAMS
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I've just started playing TRC with my recently acquired Jedko Series II edition (PS rail counters seem to be Avalon Hill edition only) and I need to know if you can double the doubled defence if a unit qualifies for both. I have a Russian 5-3 infantry unit IN the mountains east of minor city LWOW behind the Dnestr river. The Germans want to attack from the west but this might be a bit hard if they need to field a combat strength of 20 for a 1-1 attack. I can't see a reference to this situation in the rules. My guess is that you don't but I thought I'd better check.

Thanks in advance

Squirejames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Squirejames359 wrote:
Hi all,

I've just started playing TRC with my recently acquired Jedko Series II edition (PS rail counters seem to be Avalon Hill edition only) and I need to know if you can double the doubled defence if a unit qualifies for both. I have a Russian 5-3 infantry unit IN the mountains east of minor city LWOW behind the Dnestr river.
NO, that is just "Doubled" for every 'terrain' benefit of which is applicable. There are some "Games" where you could obtain multiple "effects" from this, as they'd have you tally UP those, and then 'subtract' ONE from this TOTAL amount for such, to then apply that multiplier.

Squirejames359 wrote:
The Germans want to attack from the west but this might be a bit hard if they need to field a combat strength of 20 for a 1-1 attack. I can't see a reference to this situation in the rules. My guess is that you don't but I thought I'd better check.

Thanks in advance

Squirejames
laugh Oh yeah, so perhaps they ought NOT?

Check this LINK out for some additional "Railroad" markers:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/164497

You can SAVE the entire 'image' of this, and then "crop" it down to where you have JUST a single series of those, or even create additional rows of them. Should YOU try that out at anytime, then please return and remark about HOW you liked it all!
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adolfo perez
Spain
cornella de llobregat
barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

NO, that is just "Doubled" for every 'terrain' benefit of which is applicable. There are some "Games" where you could obtain multiple "effects" from this, as they'd have you tally UP those, and then 'subtract' ONE from this TOTAL amount for such, to then apply that multiplier.

Yeah, the defender combat factor is dobuled just one time:

12.3 A unit's combat factor can never be more
than doubled, no matter how many terrain
bonuses it has, and a unit's combat factor can be
doubled only when that unit is defending.
(Third edition rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.