United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, this game looks pretty cool, though it states 3-4 players recommended. How does the game hold up with 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Good for 2 players?
voynix (#49425),
I just played a 2-player game of Black Death two weeks ago. Please see my session report for details.

As with other games that have large play areas and broad numbers or players, your style of play will impact how fun the game is with two players. If each player controls half the map and never attacks or interacts with the other, it becomes double-solitaire. However, if the players are more aggressive towards each other, a two-player game is just as fun as one with more players.

Black Death has an advantage in that you can infect another player's units and convert them into your own units. So there is a play that can hurt your opponent and help you simultaneously. And don't forget that you can move your opponents units.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Good for 2 players?
slider (#49635),
Hey, thanks for your response, I went ahead and ordered it, since it was under $10. I will also review it after I give it a couple tries. I also just got Awful Green Things from Outer Space, which is also a light-hearted 2-player game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.