Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules but do not have them handy. If you have more items to be consumed than consume powers when phase IV is called do you just ignore the phase, or do you dump the excess items like you would in Puerto Rico?

I'm not even sure if it's possible to have more production than consume power as my copy has yet to arrive, but I was explaining some of the similarities to Puerto Rico and realized I didn't know the answer to this.

From my memory of the rules I would say "no".. but I don't have the time to check the PDF right now.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No dumping. If you have more goods than consumption powers, the extra goods sit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can trivially make more production than consume powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I've read the rules but do not have them handy. If you have more items to be consumed than consume powers when phase IV is called do you just ignore the phase, or do you dump the excess items like you would in Puerto Rico?

I'm not even sure if it's possible to have more production than consume power as my copy has yet to arrive, but I was explaining some of the similarities to Puerto Rico and realized I didn't know the answer to this.

From my memory of the rules I would say "no".. but I don't have the time to check the PDF right now.

Thanks.

Note, sometimes you WANT to consume in an inefficient manner (taking fewer VPs) precisely so some of your goods will sit, presumably for a next turn IV/$ phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I've read the rules but do not have them handy.

http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_240_gameRule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a strategy of producing more than you can consume (ideally twice as much) so you can go produce - consume - consume (repeat). It has the potential to get points faster than a typical produce-consume cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you produce 6 and consume 3, you score 6 per 3-action cycle. If you produce 4 and consume 4, you score 4 per 2-action cycle. So probably the produce-consume-consume 3-action cycle isn't particularly more efficient than the produce-consume 2-action cycle; you just do whichever one according to the cards you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.