Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes or double yes?

Kucinich is open to the idea of running with Ron Paul.

The most powerful, unstoppable, anti-Imperialist force known to man. They will burn big government to the ground! WHO'S WITH ME?! REVOLUTION!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
China
Guangzhou
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kucinich and Ron Paul
BagpipeDan wrote:
Yes or double yes?

What's the question?
(a) Which they be forced out quickly in the nomination process?
or
(b) Are they the most sane realistic candidates?

Either way it's a double yes (though Ron Paul's position on abortion is the only thing I find disturbing about his stances)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Kucinich, yes-ish. Paul, very very very very very very very much no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Both are weirdos but Kucinich seems mostly harmless. Ron Paul combines Libertarian economics with a Republican stance on social issues, i.e. worst of both worlds.

Quote:
(b) Are they the most sane realistic candidates?
Sane ? No. Realistic? Double no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Cross_ wrote:
Ron Paul combines Libertarian economics with a Republican stance on social issues...

Ron Paul has the typical Republican stand on social issues!? Where have you been these last 8 years? Republicans these days are mostly big government authoritarians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
Ron Paul has the typical Republican stand on social issues!? Where have you been these last 8 years? Republicans these days are mostly big government authoritarians.
Anti-choice, pro-gun, anti-First Amendment, wants to abolish education department & FDA and speaks out against affirmative action. Those are the typical Republican social issues I was speaking about.
I agree with you that Paul speaks consistently about a small goverment - but so have all Republicans for at least two decades. He sounds more sincere than most and opposing the war lends some credibility to it in Paul's case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dorrough
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Cross_ wrote:
Velusion wrote:
Anti-choice, pro-gun, anti-First Amendment, wants to abolish education department & FDA and speaks out against affirmative action. Those are the typical Republican social issues I was speaking about.
I agree with you that Paul speaks consistently about a small goverment - but so have all Republicans for at least two decades. He sounds more sincere than most and opposing the war lends some credibility to it in Paul's case.

He's anti-choice, but he wants to overturn Roe v. Wade to "let the states decide what is right for them" because "one size doesn't fit all". I'm all for states' rights and such, but liberty definitely should "fit all" and it's just a B.S. excuse to outlaw abortion.

What's wrong with being "pro gun"? I don't own a gun and never will and I'm not a fan of them at all, but it seems to me most people are "good guys" the more people who are allowed to have guns the more "good guys" have guns. If you outlaw guns, criminals who don't care about laws about stealing, assault and murder certainly won't give a shit about gun laws anyway.

I've never heard anything anti-first amendment from him, but I don't know whether or not to be very shocked or very unshocked if that's true. What's he said?

What's wrong with being against affirmative action. If someone only gets picked for a job or school because they are of a minority group, how is that helping anyone? I think more jobs and more schools are the answer, not fudging numbers or looking at skin color in order to shove diversity down everyone's throat. Affirmative action is condescending and patronizing and it doesn't do anything to solve the underlying problems that created the need to do something so drastic and half-baked to being with.

Ron Paul is anything but a typical Republican. (...and that's why he won't be president.)

As far as the republican field goes, he's the least offensive to me, and dammit, he seems like he's the most honest.

...and I'd be willing to bet that in his second term if he did get elected, he'd work on decriminalizing recreational drugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dorrough
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
Of all the candidates Ron Paul is the only one I am convinced has read the Constitution. Doesn't mean he would be a good President, though.

I think Kucinich is wrong to completely insane on every issue but think he's probably a good guy who calls it the way he sees it. I would probably vote for Kucinich for dog catcher, county treasurer or some other non-policy making position.

Hell, I'd vote for him for governor or congress if I lived in the right spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@heyitscory: I don't think this is the right place to argue about the rights & wrongs of these issues. I just want to clarify where his is a typical Republican stance.

Quote:
I've never heard anything anti-first amendment from him, but I don't know whether or not to be very shocked or very unshocked if that's true. What's he said?
It's about his redefinition of the establishment clause meaning "no establishment of a single federal church". Government sponsorship of Christian churches is okay though, because "the Constitution is replete with references to god"- this makes me wonder whether he has in fact read that document or is just carrying it around with him.

Quote:
As far as the republican field goes, he's the least offensive to me, and dammit, he seems like he's the most honest.
I agree- but being the least offensive and most honest of that particular club is not really an achievement.

Quote:
...and I'd be willing to bet that in his second term if he did get elected, he'd work on decriminalizing recreational drugs.
Interesting point. His Libertarian supporters would be big on that, the Republican soccermoms would be horrified. Guess in the end it depends on what the pharma lobbyists want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.