Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Knowing the amount of wheat/gold that a country produces can be important to your planning, but this information is only available on the cards. Are you allowed to ask other players for this info? Maybe it should have been printed on the board.

2. If I take over (or devastate) a country owned by an opponent during action 1, he loses his card to me (or the deck). If this card was on his board for a future action, and he happens to recapture the country before then, is he allowed to put it back onto the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Two questions about cards
ekted wrote:
1. Knowing the amount of wheat/gold that a country produces can be important to your planning, but this information is only available on the cards. Are you allowed to ask other players for this info? Maybe it should have been printed on the board.

The individual boards each include a table on the right side that lists the gold and wheat production for each territory.

2. If I take over (or devastate) a country owned by an opponent during action 1, he loses his card to me (or the deck). If this card was on his board for a future action, and he happens to recapture the country before then, is he allowed to put it back onto the board?

No. A conquered territory's card always goes into the victor's hand. So in the case you described, your opponent would not be able to carry out the planned action as the territory card is no longer on his board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak (#49474),

The individual boards each include a table on the right side that lists the gold and wheat production for each territory.

Wow how could I miss that!

No. A conquered territory's card always goes into the victor's hand. So in the case you described, your opponent would not be able to carry out the planned action as the territory card is no longer on his board.

Well my actually question with #2 was if you get the card back from battle during the same season, can you put it back where it was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
ekted wrote:
Well my actually question with #2 was if you get the card back from battle during the same season, can you put it back where it was?

Still no. The plans have been disrupted by the series of coups in the territory.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#49491),

This sounds like a valid interpretation, but is it official? The other potential ruling could be equally valid.

Octavian, have you been in contact with Queen Games or Dirk Henn regarding this question to be able to answer authoritatively?

MB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Beyak wrote:

Octavian, have you been in contact with Queen Games or Dirk Henn regarding this question to be able to answer authoritatively?

Neither. But I've read the rules and the rules rather clearly state that the action is cancelled when the card is taken away. Since there is no text stating that there is anyway to reverse the cancellation I am confident in saying that winning the card back does not reinstate the action. Cancelled is cancelled.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#49625),

I agree. I was 99% sure when I asked the question. I just wanted someone to confirm. I would have been very surprised had it been otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted (#49470),

I played for the first time last Friday night (see my recent session report!).

Yesterday I posted file called "8x14 wheat money cities.doc" that is a reduced-size version some maps that somebody else posted with numbers where all the wheat, gold and cities are located. The map is also color coded for each case (dark=higher value regions). Now each player can hold one of these in there hands and calculate the value of a particular attack. It is also helpful when determining if you can build another building in a region - since you won't have to shuffle wood and cardboard around to get a better look.

Most of the thanks for this goes to whoever did the wallensteinVisualAids.zip file. I got the maps from there, and just made them smaller to all fit on one sheet, and put numbers all over them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.