Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I intend to play a few of my friends at TOI for the first time next week. I want them to have a good experience or they wont be interested in playing again.

I have heard the first breaking the line scenario is biased heavily in favour of the US.

Could you please give me advice in one of 2 areas....

1) Is there a better scenario that would be a good introduction to the game, all players are experienced wargamers.

2) If I stick to breaking the line would it be sensible to slightly tweak the set up to make it more interesting for the German, if so what do you suggest.

Remember first impressions are important....

Ta

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrong forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummmmm I see your point.... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, you see, when you place TWO handshakes, it's actually THREE times the points on that expedition. Don't forget that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
First of all, wrong forum...

Second of all, in answer to your question, there are four scenarios that are available for download off of the FFG site that all seem to be pretty well balanced. The download scenario, Breaking The Line seems to be really good as a starter as it has a small map and really basic units.

Third of all, the scenario I think you are talking about is called At The Breaking Point. The Americans are heavily favored in this one. It is a good scenario to use when you are teaching someone new the game. If you win as the Germans you can really feel proud of your accomplishment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bob, not sure how i messed up on the forum. I do of course also play battlelore, had a great game last night, i lost but still a great game.

Some others have mentioned the breaking the line downloadable scenario, i think i will play that one.

Problem with the breakpoint one in the book that the Germans have no chance of winning is that there will be 4 of us playing, 2 on 2. I think the 2 german players would have a very miserable time. Even the US players may consider the game so unbalanced it is not worth playing.

So will give the downloadable one ago.

Again apologies for posting in wrong forum.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.