Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Rasmuson
United States
Draper
UT
flag msg tools
Viking Fury is my first experience with owning a Ragnar Brothers game. I was looking for something new and different for my collection. I was intrigued by what I had read about Viking Fury online-- both positive and negative, and decided that I would pick up a copy.

Viking Fury arrived and I must say that I was a little disappointed with the smallish box size. Oh well. I broke the box open and noticed that at least it is made with the heavy cardboard that you get used to when you buy German style board games. Inside the box are: the rule book, the much discussed baord/tea towell/table cloth, three dice, two decks of cards, some nice counters and the typical colored wooden cubes that we have seen in so many games. I was impressed. The rule book was printed in a desk top published style, but, it is very clean and direct. The rules are well written and very logically organized. A couple of more examples may have been helpful, but, they are better than many rules I have read. The cards are plastic coated and on playing card stock, so they do not crease when you shuffle them. The counters are reasonably thick and clean as well. What about the board?

I am very impressed with the board. I am a sucker for something different or unusual-- as well as it is well done. I love the dice tower in Wallenstein (called the "Tower of Wow" by my game group) and the dice from Railraod Dice. The cloth board is really big when out to its full size! It is well organized in black, white and gray. It enchances the game play because all the game components are placed on the board and all spaces are clearly marked and have enough space for what goes on them. Put me in the group that likes the table cloth, tea towell etc.

The gamplay is pretty straight forward. The players are taking the role of Vikings from 750-1020, who are compting against each other to gain the most glory through trading, raiding and settling the known world. The player who is the most successful in combing these three paths to victory will be the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.