Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.com is running a couple of promotions in their grocery section that can let you stock up on some snacks for game night.

The promotions give you $25 off a $59 purchase on Kraft products (Planters dry roasted nuts are included- which are good game night snacks). The code is KRFT2559 and ends 11/30/07.

There is a similar offer on Conagra products, like Orville Redenbacher pospcorn (hint- don't get the Movie Theater Butter kind for game night- go for the plain to keep the stains off your games.) It is $25 of a $49 purchase. The code for that is CONAGRA1 and also expires 11/30.

These products also qualify for free shipping for orders over $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $25 off snacks for game sessions good thru 11/30 at Amaz
I realize that you are only trying to pass on a good deal here, but I think we're getting WAY off topic. This is BGG, so the Hot Deals forum is for *game related* hot deals.

The last thing I want to see here is specials and ads for Walmart...

If you are looking for general specials coupons and things there are tons of sites out there which do this much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Android wrote:
I realize that you are only trying to pass on a good deal here, but I think we're getting WAY off topic. This is BGG, so the Hot Deals forum is for *game related* hot deals.

If you are looking for general specials coupons and things there are tons of sites out there which do this much better.

I'll just make sure you go hungry while everyone else at the gaming table is chowing down on snack food.

The Subject Line of this thread is pretty straightforward. Unless you really thought there's a game called "Snacks for Game Sessions".

There's no need to be tilting at windmills here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $25 off snacks for game sessions good thru 11/30 at Amaz
J.L.Robert wrote:
Android wrote:

I'll just make sure you go hungry while everyone else at the gaming table is chowing down on snack food.

The Subject Line of this thread is pretty straightforward. Unless you really thought there's a game called "Snacks for Game Sessions".

No, Android is right.

"Take a break in your boardgame to play videogames, on sale for $10 at Target right now!"
"Tired after a long gaming session? Rest your head on this snuggly pillow, on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!"
"Need to print out some paste-ups for Agricola? Get this printer half-off at Best Buy right now!"

I'm sure the original poster had no evil intent with this post and it was clever, but setting a precedent that others will exploit is my concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Android wrote:

No, Android is right.

"Take a break in your boardgame to play videogames, on sale for $10 at Target right now!"
"Tired after a long gaming session? Rest your head on this snuggly pillow, on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!"
"Need to print out some paste-ups for Agricola? Get this printer half-off at Best Buy right now!"

I'm sure the original poster had no evil intent with this post and it was clever, but setting a precedent that others will exploit is my concern.

The Domino Theory, as applied to online bargain advertising?

I honestly don't see any reputable retailer taking the time to create 'bots with the sole intention of spamming the Hot Deals Forum of BGG.

This was a long-standing member of this community sharing what he feels is a good offer on ancillary items which enhance a gaming session experience. I see nothing wrong with it.

The video game and linens idea are preposterous, as they do not have anything to do with boardgaming. But printing supplies COULD be something amateur game designers may have an interest in. If someone with a game design background came in with this, I wouldn't be too upset about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind a good deal on anything being mentioned here, so long as it really is a deal and not just labeled as a sale. I think we should hold off on classifying all ads as relevant or not until it really is an issue, and people are abusing the board - not just passing on helpful advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip, Paul. I used both codes to buy a ton of game night snacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Android wrote:

Sorry, I missed the memo. Also you'd better tell the people in this thread to take their thumbs back.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1517846#1517846

Oh, and make sure you get this Aldie guy (whoever he is) with the program.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/827139#827139

Occasional tips about hot deals that are of widespread interest have been welcome in this forum for a while. They are recognized as exceptions, but not prohibited. There has been no abuse as so far we as a community have been very selective about what is posted. If it gets out of hand, then I am sure it will be dealt with. Until then, I don't think it's anything for anyone to get their knickers in a twist about. If you have no interest in a clearly labeled deal no one is forcing you to go into the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.