Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is extremely minor, but I didn't see it mentioned already.

Yes, I was bored.

I would also be interested in seeing it fixed in a future reprint.

These pictures were are from a photo posted on the site, since I don't own the game.

Here is the Improved Hunting card:

As you can see, at the top under the heading "Improved Hunting", it has the production and income icons showing you the increase you get per worker. The production icons have two different colored circles behind them to show that half the time it increases by 1 and the other half it increases by 2.

Here is the Improved Mining card:

Here you see the colored circles, but they forgot the production icons!

I noticed this because during my first game I said "what do these colored circles mean?" I was like, do they give coins or something? I mean the rulebook is already a hideous mess so I wouldn't be surprised if something major was not explained. Then I realized it was just missing icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Young
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean? I still see production icons. They're right under the top banner... looks like the numbers are 3 4 2.

The rulebook is indeed a mess, but my re-written version is available for download, if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nova2001 wrote:
What do you mean? I still see production icons. They're right under the top banner... looks like the numbers are 3 4 2.

I can see what he's saying. Here's a better image...

On the Improved Hunting, the 1/2 is written over two pots (the income symbol), which are in turn over a light/dark pair of disks.

However, on the Improved Mining, the 3/4 is written directly onto the light/dark pair of disks. The pots are missing.

Having said that, I'm not sure which one is the mistake and which one is the intended version! Having the disks showing more clearly makes it a lot clearer as to why there are two numbers there, but having the pots is more consistent with the other tiles.

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the better image. I don't actually own the game so I had to make do with what was already available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Holman
United Kingdom
Harrow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like the 3/4 should be pots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.