Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Runebound (First Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Movement into hexes with multiple terrain / swamps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
OK, so I get that if you have terrain with both a river and a road then you can move onto it using either icon on a die. Also, I'm taking it as red that you can also use the 'base' terrain, so if a hex is a 'plains' hex with a river and a road then you can move onto it with river, road or plains icons. OK so far. However, my confusion comes with swamps - swamps appear to have rivers running through them, does that mean that you can move onto a swap hex using a river icon?

[Also, my eight year old daughter pointed out that the hills/forest, etc. hexes sometimes have 'plains' terrain around their edges and therefore you should be able to move into them using a 'plains' icon - grr, took a lot of explaining before she would accept that it was just artwork and she couldn't do it!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Movement into hexes with multiple terrain / swamps
flyinghogfish (#49627),
According to the Faqs on Runebound's site, there is only ONE hex with double landscape. This is the hex NW of Tamalir: Road and river and you can use either dice to go in.
The rest of the Hexes are ONE land. When you see a road, its a road, even if its a clear hex otherwise. When you see a river, its a river. When you see a marsh (4 of them only), its a marsh even if there is a river going through. As for plains, nothing is in it; its a clear hex. Hills, forests and mountains are easy and contains nothing else of importance.
Actually, keep everything simple as it looks.

Hope it helps; anyway, that's the way we have been playing and it works well. Happy gaming.

By the way, our group are finishing our 10th game and we have come up with simple House rules that really shine.
We have tried to make the game less of a running through cities with buying a couple of strong cards and going for blue encounters very early and winning easy. Sir Valadir playing first can do that with ease. Mordrog with a good weapon can kill Lord Margath in 2 shots. So we will introduce new concepts that will enhance our experience with the game without changing the essence and components of the game...
We will post them very shortly.

Owl
DD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.