Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the mistake this past July during the Gathering of Strangers Con in Utah of sitting down to try a Crokinole game. And not just on any board but on a Hilinski board. Specifically I played on the beauty owned by Mark "Renegade" Tyler here on BGG titled "Dark Dreams":

After that I have been watching their site weekly in hopes of capturing just the right board to match either my front room or my computer room. I was tortured often as would visit only to find a board that qualified had been sold not hours before I logged in to check. Victory finally came last week as a board with a cherry stain appeared and fortune shined as I was able to stake my claim first (BWHAHAHAHAHA).

Alas for the fact that its name (although I am sure significant to Stan) is simply "Shane". Not near as catchy as "Vigorous Denial", "Indiscretion" or "Wicked Smile" but - it looks to be a beauty.

Now I wait, with a target due date of December 4th for arrival. Tracking it hourly as it winds its way from Maryland to Utah...

Being LDS I won't have the opportunity to enjoy Drunken Crokinole, as Geosphere was able to, but I anticipate I will enjoy myself almost as much regardless...

Hurry up Fed-ex! Dangit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schmucker
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the feeling. My Hilinski board just showed up in the mail today! We have played with it all evening and it is great to play and to look at. Enjoy your new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvus wrote:
I made the mistake this past July during the Gathering of Strangers Con in Utah of sitting down to try a Crokinole game. And not just on any board but on a Hilinski board. Specifically I played on the beauty owned by Mark "Renegade" Tyler here on BGG titled "Dark Dreams":

After that I have been watching their site weekly in hopes of capturing just the right board to match either my front room or my computer room. Alas torture would visit me a few times as I would log in only to find a board that qualified had been sold not hours before I logged in to check. However victory would be mine as finally a board with a cherry stain appeared last week and fortune shined again as I was able to stake my claim first (BWHAHAHAHAHA).

Alas for the fact that its name (although I am sure significant to Stan) is simply "Shane". Not near as catchy as "Vigorous Denial", "Indiscretion" or "Wicked Smile" but - it looks to be a beauty.

Now I wait, with a target due date of December 4th for arrival. Tracking it hourly as it winds its way from Maryland to Utah...

Alas being LDS I won't have the opportunity to enjoy Drunken Crokinole, as Geosphere as able to, but I anticipate I will enjoy myself almost as much regardless...

Hurry up Fed-ex! Dangit!

Are you kidding me. Shane = Best Western Ever!!!!!

Pa's got work to do. Shane, Come back....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
"Shane" looks nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I was not aware of the Western reference - I will have to go out and rent that movie it would seem :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Or read the Jack Schaefer novel it was based on. That was actually required reading in my (I believe it was) 7th grade English class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My board showed up about 7:20 last night. It was packed incredibly well and arrived in perfect condition. Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. "Shane" is my name. Have been considering making my own board, since I cannot afford one of theirs.

I have heard this game is a great deal of fun. Let me know how you feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey McNabb
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Gorgeous Board!

Have a great time! Our Hilinski was our best gaming purchase ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

Are you kidding me. Shane = Best Western Ever!!!!!

Pa's got work to do. Shane, Come back....

Well, my wife got me the movie for my Birthday so I could know the history of my board. It is now hung on the wall next to it. Not a bad movie, although I must say that kid began to grate after a while :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.