Simone Fantini
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody, what a exellent game !

Just a fast question: it is permitted to play as event the gathering momentum card is anybody is leadind in that region ? (A)

Is it considered a tie and the card is discarted, and anybody wins ? (B)

And, more, of course, do I have consider a carryng state as a leading state when considerin who is leading ?(it seem logical but sometime democracy is a confused thing in Italy, we use ibryd electoral systems..... :-)))) (C)

Simone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you don't lead or carry regions only individual states, so yes you can play the Momentum event regardless of your position as I understand it.

Edit: The above is incorrect I misunderstood. Yes if you don't lead in the region then you will not benefit from the event though you can still play the event I suppose.. it won't do you any good! You will want to arrange a lead in the number of states led in the region before you use the event. Sorry for any confusion.

And yes if you are carrying a state then you are also leading it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: About GMCard: Gathering Momentum tie in The Land of The
If there is a tie in the region, then you should be using the card for 4 CP instead of the event. But it might be better to break the tie THEN use the card if there are a number of states with no support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Fantini
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yes sorry.
The question is referred to States in the Region and about what happen if the "leading or carryng score" at the moment of the play of the Gathering Momentum card is for example 3 states each. It is a tie and the card is discrded without effect in my opinion.

many tks

simone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simonluca wrote:
oh yes sorry.
The question is referred to States in the Region and about what happen if the "leading or carryng score" at the moment of the play of the Gathering Momentum card is for example 3 states each. It is a tie and the card is discrded without effect in my opinion.

many tks

simone

Yes, you are correct. If both players are leading the same number of states in the region, then neither one gains the benefit of the event. The event is still removed from the game if played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.