Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun game! I do have some questions.

1. Is the game supposed to be balanced? We're having a really hard time winning as the humans. (We don't care if the game's not balanced; we're just curious...)

2. SNIPER: Does it force a zombie that was just shot to take a step back?

3. Do all zombies move together *before* any card (like MINE) are resolved?

4. For a zombie, toughness = strength for any purpose, right? So a wounded zombie will have a more difficult time climbing over a wall, for instance?

5. The card HEILIGENBLIDCHEN doesn't seem to appear in the English rules posted here on the Geek, and I'm having a hard time coming up with my own translation. Could anyone give me a hand?

And I think that's it for now.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Francis,

The designer is really good about answering questions, but I can take a stab at these.

1. You might be playing some of the rules wrong, or it just might be your luck. Most of my games the Zombies have a hard time getting past the 5th row.

2. Unless specifically stated in the instructions (which I don't think it is) the zombies do not take a step back.

3. All zombies move forward, if they can, at the beggining of the zombie turn. The "Mine", "Barrell", or "Pit" cards can go off if the zombie steps into those squares where any of these resides at the beginning of their turn.

4. A zombies toughness is their strength. So if a zombie has a beginning toughness of 5, but has taken two wounds, it's strength is 3. So yes, a zombie who is being shot has a tougher time of breaking down a wall.

5. I don't think I have that card in my set, and the english rules translation did not have that card listed (I don't think). This may be the Napalm card, but I am unsure. What is the picture look like on the card? What does the little diagram in the corner indicate the card does?

Good Luck,
LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ad1. Yes, the game is balanced. I am sure of it for 100%
ad2. Yes, he must step back
ad3. Yes, movement is first you do.
ad4. You right.
ad5. "Freeze"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:

5. The card HEILIGENBLIDCHEN doesn't seem to appear in the English rules posted here on the Geek, and I'm having a hard time coming up with my own translation. Could anyone give me a hand?

this is late, I know - it's Heiligenbildchen - German for "image of a saint" or "blessed image" or the like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.