Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The right side of the map has this terrible ommission. No lair of Smaug! No dwarves of the lonely mountain!! What a superb treasure site to be missed out. The river men are featured, but the epic Mountain and drawves aren't-WHY?
Do I smell an expansion set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:What no lonely mountain?
Dangervacuum (#49850),

I don't know what map you are looking at but I assure you that Erebor, the Lonely Mountain is featured in the game.

Check ou the French map at:

http://www.tilsit.fr/phototheque/imagerie/186_2.jpg

Erebor is there.

Veldrin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin (#49861),

Erebor and the Iron Hills look like they have the same color boundaries as the Sauron areas--is that a map error, or is it just too hard to discern the different colors in the picture? I guess you've not seen the actual map, so this is a silly question...

Here's a question about the map: There are several settlements that don't have the cross signifying (I believe) a victory point space. What is the significance of those settlements? Are they mustering points only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The colours are different between Sauron and Dwarves, I guess it is just difficult to discern.

The Settlements that don't give VPs (don't have the dagger symbol) are mustering points as you guessed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The colours are different between Sauron and Dwarves, I guess it is just difficult to discern.

The Settlements that don't give VPs (don't have the dagger symbol) are mustering points as you guessed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Veldrin (#49861),
I checked out the french map. still no erebor? Am I looking in the right place? To my knowledge erebor is northeast of the lake. i can see the river that runs south westfrom erebor, into the lake but the mountain is off map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Veldrin (#49861),

Right map, wrong place. I mistook the sea of rhun, for the lake. I hearby resign my elvish cloak in shame. I think I was just staring at the map too much in anticipation and my mind just snapped!!!! Thanks for setting me straight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.