Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bauer
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just purchased both of these games from EBAY. The seller said they were complete. They were not. I am missing the mapsheet for the Airforce game. Can anyone make me a copy (I will pay for copying and postage) and mail it to me or if anyone has an extra map they would be willing to part with for cash please let me know. Thanks, Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Holmstrom
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick is right on. You just need a hex grid map---that will give lots of room to maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bauer
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I didn't know what the map was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience with the same 2 games. I picked them up very cheaply on the basis that the boxes had a little damage. When they arrived they were absolutely crushed (and not in transit) with the sides totally separated from the main part of the box. Contents usable, but now in zip-locks.

What is it about AF and Dauntless?

Just another cretin to avoid on eBay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
I had a similar experience with the same 2 games. I picked them up very cheaply on the basis that the boxes had a little damage. When they arrived they were absolutely crushed (and not in transit) with the sides totally separated from the main part of the box. Contents usable, but now in zip-locks.

What is it about AF and Dauntless?

Just another cretin to avoid on eBay!

With a similar experience, I've learned the hard way to ask if the picture they're using in the listing is of *their* copy. More often than not, it isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bauer
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, just went on EBAY and bought a blank map sheet 22 x 34. So now I can play the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathirtle wrote:
The map is just a blank hexgrid. You can play the game on any other wargame map you own.

In fact, I used to play Air Force on my "not otherwise used" map of Napoleon at Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
IGNITION - bringing enlightenment where once all was dark
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes the air battles wander large distances (especially if you are chasing bombers) so I prefer using a set of six or eight 8.5 by 11 hex sheets so that I can move map sections to follow the action rather than try to use one single large map sheet. Although, I suppose you can also just re-adjust everyone on the large map if someone is heading for an edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.