Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you haven't had a chance to look at them yet, benni_jolink put together some really cool graphical cheat sheets for NT located here. These look like very useful tools for introducing the game to newer players instead of having to refer to the text-heavy rulebook. Great job! benni_jolink, any chance you can do something similar to BaM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Luxembourg
Luxemburg City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
If you haven't had a chance to look at them yet, benni_jolink put together some really cool graphical cheat sheets for NT located here. These look like very useful tools for introducing the game to newer players instead of having to refer to the text-heavy rulebook. Great job! benni_jolink, any chance you can do something similar to BaM?

I second the congratulations!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these are great. However, I'll re post the comment I put under the image...

There may be a small ambiguity or error on the first page. It shows that cavalry can attack by road (a feint) except if the approach is obstructed.

But the rules only say that cavalry cannot lead an attack into an obstructed approach. Cavalry can attack against an obstructed approach.

See this thread here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/209659

Just trying to clarify because these graphical aids are outstanding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb

one word = terrific!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dworkin
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another, minor, tweak for these superb and long-awaited sheets would be to make more clear that, when calculating the Initial Result, the modifiers only apply when the defender is blocking the attack approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One remark: in "Road restrictions" it should be "adjacent enemy corps of two or more units stops road movement" instead of "adjacent enemy stops road movement".

BTW: a good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So is benni_jolink looking at this thread for updates to the files? Anyway to get his visibility on these suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
So is benni_jolink looking at this thread for updates to the files? Anyway to get his visibility on these suggestions?

You could try sending a GeekMail with a link to this thread, although this user hasn't logged in since December 3rd (as of the writing of this reply anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Message sent. No response yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eerk Katerman
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about this late reply guys. And thanks for all the input and compliments!

When I have time I'll make the changes as suggested. I don't own BaM by the way.

Currently I'm working on similar sheets for 1830, posting them right now.

Benni.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.