Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, I played Crusader Rex for the first time. It was ok, although I think I prefer HotS for its more interesting victory conditions.

The question came to my mind: Has anyone ever won by conquering all the 7 cities? I think this would be rather impossible... Am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
I've lost that way; see the comment on this image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Has anyone ever won by conquering all the 7 cities?

I won by taking all seven cities as the Saracens in my most recent game. I've yet to see the Franks even come close.

I've seen it almost occur when the Franks weren't aware of the rule, but had forces. When I realized that my opponent wasn't thinking about the seven cities condition, I pointed the rule out to my opponent and let him take back the move that would have ended the game. It would have been a cheap win.

The most recent 7-city event, the win was unavoidable. After the fall of Jerusalem, the Franks were down to one block on the entire board (the one they just drew the turn before), and the Saracens hadn't lost any Emirs, and had all their pieces on the board.

Yes, it can happen.

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.