Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: session [+] analysis [+] [View All]
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the first to admit I'm not the most tactically gifted games player (!) but it seemed I couldn't do anything wrong when the 3 of got together this week to play Nexus Ops.

The first 3 turns of this game tend to go like a well-rehearsed chess opening now. This is especially true of the 3-player game where everyone goes on a land grab until the crucial 4th turn. I decided to go for the all-out offensive straight out of the blocks. I made a point of trying to get 3 fights started every turn and it seemed to pay off. Unlike other 'Risk-like' games, in this one the winning is the only important thing, there is no reward in holding an area other than to deny an opponent of the associated resources.

We decided at the outset that the last 12-point game we played finished just as it was getting interesting so we decided to press on to 15. Amazingly, I compiled the required number of VPs with 11 single battle VPs and only 3 from 'secret' missions! From experience, a more usual mix is around 50:50. What's that you say, Ralph - "lucky dice"? Well maybe just a bit

(Note to self - must buy lottery ticket this week!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it down pat now! Thanks for the strategy tip! I have yet to play the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.