Subject: Is this Scarney? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarney is played on 4x4 board with 16 different men ( 4 different colors and 1-4 pips).

Can't find anything else on web about a game of either name associated with Scarne. Rules for neither Scarney nor Teeko indicate that this is a variant of play.

IQ Solitaire now seems to be a cross shaped puzzle where you jump men to remove them from the board. Object to remove all or leave a particular pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Scar-Nee, 9/1/1956 board & 16 pieces IQ Solitare printed on reverse side" -- found on rec.games.board.marketplace

The BGG listing is apparently misspelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I looked for "Scar-Nee" and there it was. I submitted a correction to change the info. I think that Scar-nee is an earlier version of Teeko. I don't have the other game though...

Herb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
Fantastic! I looked for "Scar-Nee" and there it was. I submitted a correction to change the info. I think that Scar-nee is an earlier version of Teeko. I don't have the other game though...
Herb

Most likely, Scar-Nee is an earlier version of Scarney, before all the variations were added. John Scarne started working on Teeko in the 1930's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.