Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
At the end of the description of "This World's Good" (p.10) it says that the "any other applicable Trade powers" are also applied, but it does not say this in the descriptions of the other Trade powers. Why? Don't all Trade powers always apply to the sale? As the (English*) rules state:

Quote:
Players choosing Consume:Trade also apply all relevant Trade special powers...

* http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/250494

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I play is this:

If you can trade/consume it you must...

So, "all" means every...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
DKahnt wrote:
So, "all" means every...

That's not my question. My question is whether "This World's Good" was singled out intentionally or not. The parenthetical note seems redundant precisely because you can (must, according to the English rules) use "all" applicable Trade powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
right... I am getting Trade and Consume mixed up...

my bad.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just trying to be absolutely clear. There are some developments that specifically call out that any Trade powers do *not* apply, so my guess is that this is trying to avoid anyone getting confused by the odd icon. But I agree that it seems redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just trying to be explicit. Some playtesters had interpreted the "this world" trade power to imply that other trade powers (relevant to the good kind being traded) would not apply in addition to the "this world" trade power, which was incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.