Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Brass sells for as little as 29 euros from Playme.de, and 30 from allgames4you.de. That brings it to about $38 once you deduct VAT and convert to Euros. Not worth ordering on its own, but in an order with other games, it'll probably come to maybe $45-$50 including shipping.

P.S. - OK - truth in advertising, Jennifer. I changed the wording on the subject. But if you'd want 3 copies, or other things from Germany, it pays to order it that way. To make it worth your while, you can also often find other deals on closeouts. For example on Playme.de, they have good prices on
Pompei
Drunter & Druber
Dscunke
Industria
Submarine
Struggle of Empires*
Um Reifembreite
and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Brass is cheaper from Germany
So, on its own, Brass is not cheaper from Germany. If, and that's a big if because of American availability, you can find some other games or some other people to order it with, then it would be cheaper.

Sorry for the mini-rant, but folks seem to be into posting 'deals' which aren't really deals lately. You can get Brass in the US for $60, no tax, free shipping. At $38 from Germany, you would then have to add probably 3-4 more games to get the shipping down. But if those 3-4 games cost the same there as they do here, then you've lost money trying to save a few bucks on one game. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any recent games that I'd want to combine with Brass to get the shipping, assuming I'm willing to wait for the RG versions of the Essen releases, which should be here shortly. I'm not even sure if your deal is worth it with the Mayfair 20% online discount, not to mention the RG discounts available.

Hugs,

Jennifer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.