Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R.J. arrived near the conclusion of our Goa game. When it was finished, both Michael and Willerd departed, leaving R.J. and I with some time to occupy before the Shanghai Trader game concluded. After a quick consideration of the options, I decided to introduce him to Atlas & Zeus, Bruno Cathalla’s latest creation.

I described the game in considerable detail in the May 12, 2004 Gaming Session report on the Westbank Gamers website, so I won’t go into further detail here. The game, although quite chaotic, is entertaining. Attempting to arrange the right combination of cards – and hoping that your opponent won’t play a card to spoil that combo – is enjoyable. However, it can also be frustrating if you are saddled with mediocre to poor to useless cards for a turn or two, while your opponent enjoys a powerful hand. Yes, this should even out over the course of the game, but there is no guarantee.

Still, I’m enjoying the game so far. I don’t know if it will have a long shelf-life, but it seems destined to stick around for awhile longer.

After having me on the ropes near the end of the game, I used a well-placed net and a timely tidal surge to eliminate the final three soldiers from R.J.’s army. This earned me the victory and the favor of Atlas.

Ratings: R.J. 7, Greg 6.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.