Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the Advanced Rules is it necessary to use them all as a group or are there some that are typically dropped for play balance?

What Optional rules are typically used?

Are the Advanced and/or Optional rules used at the WBC tournament?

Thanks!

PCS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
I have discovered the answer to the rules used at the WBC's. I assume that the victory conditions listed in the following link have evolved over time for play balance reasons.

The following is from http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbkex/b81pge.htm

SCENARIO. The WBC 8-turn Tournament Scenario will be played using Second Edition, Advanced Game rules, with Optional Rule 36.0 (SS Panzer Commitment in 16AM) in effect. Per errata: 4NW and 388 Arty start in Area B; 17NW and 405 Arty start in Area A. The Scenario Victory Conditions are described below:

a. Time Limit: The game ends at the conclusion of the American 19PM turn - Exception: The game ends earlier, if the German player can attain an automatic victory as described in the next paragraph.

b. German Automatic Victory: The game ends immediately for any of the following:

(1) A German combat unit enters a Liege hex or a Meuse River city hex.
(2) German combat units occupy two cities on the west board simultaneously.
(3) Three German mechanized-class units exit the mapboard from road hexes AA1, DD1 or any hexes containing a German cross.

c. If an automatic victory is not achieved, the German player wins by accomplishing four of the following 11 objectives - Note: "capture" is defined as occupying the hex at the end of the American 19PM turn, regardless of supply status:
(1) Capture Bastogne.
(2) Capture Parker's Crossroads (hex AA17).
(3) Capture Stavelot.
(4) Capture Trois Ponts.
(5) Capture Spa.
(6) Capture Eupen.
(7) Capture a fuel dump.
(8) Capture any city on the west map that is east of the Meuse.
(9) Eliminate 18 or more Allied combat units.
(10) Lose three (3) or fewer German mechanized or artillery-class units.
(11) Create a bridgehead across the Ourthe River by capturing one of the following hexes: T26, V23, X22. For this victory condition to be accomplished, Bastogne must also be captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.