Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize much of this game will be made up as you go, but what rules exist to govern the basic game of 1kBWC?

It sounds like fun, but I've never played before. Thanks!

- Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the established rules for the game, or you can play as we were taught by Chaddyboy_2000 during BGG.Con 2007.

Basically, you need about 10x as many blank cards as you have players. If you have a seed deck of previously-used cards, then pull out 5 for each player in the game and mix in with the blanks. If you have no seed cards, give each player 5 additional blank cards and let them make up their own. Look at examples for inspiration.

Shuffle the seed cards into the blanks and deal everyone 5 cards. On your turn, play a card on yourself, another person, or everybody, then draw a new card from the deck. When it's not your turn, use your pen to make any blanks in your hand into new cards.

Once all the blanks have been made into new cards, the game ends.

At this stage of the game, divide up the cards among all the players, who will go through the ones they have and choose their favorites. Those become the seed cards for the next game. Discard the rest if you want.

Oh, and have fun. The game has no point (hands 2 cards to Dave?) and the score doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSV Burns
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the links at the bottom of the BGG entry for the game.

I stumbled onto this one: http://www.geocities.com/nconner23/bwcards.html before reading about the game here, and then discovered the database entry. It's a pretty good synopsis, I think.

Tried this game on Thanksgiving, with 11 people, ranging in age from teens to grandparents. Impossibly, it was a hit! (I do suggest fewer people, though, and definitely on a table, as opposed to sprawled around the living room like we were.)

Some people didn't quite get it (the 'truth or dare' card involving flaming dog poo comes to mind) but everyone had fun. And some people really got into the spirit. (The Three-of-David-Spades was pretty memorable, as was 'The Race Card')

Good stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly how do you play? - That is the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hayward
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rules are here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Long
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link is broken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most confusing part is exactly how to apply the point values on the cards. Some people tend to think of it as a points vs text choice (which often didn't work as many people didn't design their cards with that in mind) while others always wanted to enact the text and then use the points wherever the card happened to end up (which was also weird as you'd be giving people points to play negative effects on them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.