Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Franklin-Bihary
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing this game needs is an example of a full turn or two. As a new player, it would be very beneficial to have some direct examples that illustrate how key game concepts work during play. Has anybody made one, or is GMT going to create one and post in online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul -- This is the second request I have seen for an Extended Example of Play. I am quite surprised about the requests because they are usually not made for traditional hex and counter wargames.

GMT will not produce such an exmaple on its own. If one is produced, it will be produced through a volunteer effort (note that GMT's game developers, playtesters and proofreaders are all volunteers whose only compensation is a single free copy of the final printed game).

I may be willing to undertake the effort to produce such an example. However, it would first be useful to understand the purpose such an example would serve.

Is the problem a matter of not knowing where to start (a typical issue with Card Driven Wargames which makes extended examples of play invaluable for learning such games)?

Is it the novelty of some of the mechanics?

Have you tried to start simple with the Final Attack scenario for Antietam? It was designed to ease new players into the game system by providing a straightforward situation with only a limited number of playing pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be pretty interested in an extended example of play.
I've only played Glory II but I'd love to see how someone else plays the activations, commands and stacking of two infantry. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right but it would be nice to be sure .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.