T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had already posted this question, but it is nowhere to be found.

How do you score the non-player in Gardens? {I know what the rules say --but they don't provide details}

Say the three players are Lavender, Lemon, and Palm. No one is orange. So, for example, a building is surronded by trees on all sides so that Orange and Lemon have 5 trees and Palm has 2 trees. How is this scored?

Does Lemon get the points because Oranage is not in the game, or does palm get the points because orange and lemon tied.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
Taunton Marathon 2009
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Palm (Green?) gets the points.

Even though Orange is not in the game, there is a tie between Orange and Yellow for this building. The rules are clear that, in the case of a tie, the score is given to the next colour down.

This is important, because in your example, it might well have been the Green deliberately placed a tile so as to ensure that Yellow did not win the building in question, by ensuring that the Orange points were equal to Yellow's.

Edit: typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.