• [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 7 times now, and all of the plays have been between 2.25 and 3 hours.

Just like every other game, it's on the longer side with more "ponderous" players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep. 2 hours last 3player game. 4 player nears the 3 hour zone until they get an idea of how it is played. So first time through is going to be longer (almost an hour) for my play groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tnx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does it play with three, Scott? We've been playing it with four and really enjoy it--it's neck and neck with Agricola for best Essen game so far.

By the way, our times are comparable to these gentlemen--about 3 hours for 4, which we'll probably be able to knock down to 2.5 hours with experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it that engaging to be worth it to play in 3 hours? For reference, I think it is for Antiquity, Indonesia, 18GA and 18AL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big fan of 18XX games or Indonesia, so I can't respond to the question about those.

As far as Antiquity, while they are separate games, I find that I feel the same way while I play both Antiquity and Brass. I'm totally engaged during both games, trying to plan out what I'm going to do next and realizing what dunderheaded thing I did two turns ago that I shouldn't have. The time flies by in Brass and I keep thinking that the game is going to go longer than it does.

I wish it were a little shorter, maybe, but I never feel like it was too long. Sometimes the other players take too long, but that's not really the game's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our play time with 3 players is closer to 2 hours, but it is engaging for those 2 hours. I put it on par with 18xx games in terms of keeping my interest during a game which is good. It has a lot of between your turns analysis like the games you mention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game with 4 players / 2 newbies only took 2 hours.
We will be playing more and faster.
meeple
This is a winner, at least as far as game time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.