Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Filiatrault
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey all you RB fans!

Quick question. I bought all the character decks and was having some questions/issues on how to use them...

Most people say that they take 1 character deck per player but the rules says that some spells have requisite and if you don't have them, you have a penalty of +2 menace counters.

I took one deck and checked the requisite. They all met the Talent Card!! So I was thinking that getting all spells, location and feat together on a same stack and draw from that stack instead. In this case, user might need to pay penalty to use their cards.

Moreover, I found it a little sad since RB is more a 2-3 players type game to have only 2-3 character decks being used. In addition, as I play more and more, I don't see casual player being able to choose the right deck too if they don't know them. Having them all together removes this issue, no?

My only concern is how to choose Talent as in this case, when a player wants an other talent, he would have to look at (i.e. if he's a level 2) all level 2 and 3 talents and choose.

What do you think?

I also saw some variant with an hall of knowledge. The only thing I don't like is the fact of going back to the Town to have new cards. I think it would be better for players to draw new cards whenever they need. I was thinking also that every turn that a player do not use one of his card, he can exchange 1 of them for a new one so cards would be cycling fast.

In this sense, do you think it would be better to put all cards together or separate them in stack? If in stack, should it be:

1- Friendly (Feat, Spells and location)
2- Enemy (Feat, Spells and location)

or

1- Feat (Enemy & Friendly)
2- Spells (Enemy & Friendly)
3- Location (Enemy & Friendly)

or

1- Just one big stack so no one can know what is your strategy?

Any thoughts, experience will be welcome !!! Thk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.