StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simple cloak withdraw question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Facepalm
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
I control an area with one hydralisk and one zergling on it.
My opponent moves in with many units to claim control of that area, and the battle starts.

I simply burrow my hydralisk and it survives (the zergling dies).

Now, can I withdraw my hydralisk to the area where we fight? Is it still considered friendly although there are enemy units fighting there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
kozmoman wrote:
I control an area with one hydralisk and one zergling on it.
My opponent moves in with many units to claim control of that area, and the battle starts.

I simply burrow my hydralisk and it survives (the zergling dies).

Now, can I withdraw my hydralisk to the area where we fight? Is it still considered friendly although there are enemy units fighting there?

The hydralisk, during he destroy units phase of the skirmish, must retreat to a friendly or empty area on the ACTIVE planet. if not are available, he is destroyed. If there is no spot for him to retreat to in the even that the hydralisk is killed, then you lose it.

Any area on the planet that has an enemy unit on it, is NOT FRIENDLY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Facepalm
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, basically, I can never defend an area with a single burrowed unit?

Because, if the area I defend is not friendly any more, I can't withdraw there and lose it. Is that correct?

I thought the purpose of burrowing was to help defend an area..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, burrowing with a unit will not help you defend it.

Burrowing isn't really meant to help you "protect" the AREA you are burrowing in; it's meant to protect the burrower. Even in the PC game, burrowing didn't really help you defend an area except via the element of surprise (with the Lurker being an exception). It just helped you keep your units alive until you were ready to unleash them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.