Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmer Sivertsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've opened 12 boosters - I'm curious about the painted figures rarity.

Out of the 12 boosters, I got all of the figures (except Navia 03). I also got two painted figures (M 10 & M 03), which are painted figs of ones in the starters.

1) Are there painted figures of M 15 - M 29, or just the ones from the starters?

2) Did anyone else experience a similar rarity? (IE, 2 painted, plus 1 Navia, in 12 boosters?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmer Sivertsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rarity
alfredo_lorente (#50871),

Is that 1 in 11 boosters, or 1 in 11 figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wemyss
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmer (#50681),

I bought 5 boosters and got 1 navia, no other painted figs.
The nice thing is I have all but 3 of the figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmer wrote: is that 1 in 11 boosters, or 1 in 11 figures?

From what I understand at GenCon, you had a chance to get a special figure 1 out of every 11 boosters (the special figures being either a Navia or a painted fig).

If they were discretely 1 out of 11 (Navias are 1:11 and then painted figs are separately 1:11) then I guess getting one or the other is technically 2:11...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Lorente
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmer (#51078),

> Is that 1 in 11 boosters, or 1 in 11 figures?

Boy. That makes a lot of difference, doesn't it? I don't remember, but it really ought to be 1 in 11 chances of getting a fancy figure per booster.

I assume the rules don't say a word about this then? I am desperately waiting for my game to arrive in the mail, and hunting up and down the web for a figure manifest. Anybody knows of one?

Alfredo Lorente

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ball
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
I have bought nine boosters so far and also have all of the figures except N-003. From the nine boxes (27 pieces), I pulled one Navia and two colored Maseitai (M-002 and M-008).

I hope they paint the rest, but I can now play two Olips, so I'm happy.

~~PB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell from the pricing I've seen around whether the Resurgance boosters or the Darkness Unleashed boosters are more rare. Should I focus on acquiring one expansion before the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
navia 003 definitly seems to be the trend here as being the rarest.... i bought 12 boosters also and got everything but 003, and i have a friend who did the same and also didnt get 003...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I opened 6 1st expansion boosters and got one painted Masetai and two Navia's (both #4 of course). I hadn't realized that was a lucky draw. Ironically, I really don't care so much about the painted minis...other than it would be nice to get each of the Navias. I just wanted to end up with one of each of the masetai figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navia boosters come 12 to a case, which is how I usually discuss the rarity.

Unleashed Darkness (the first, red, set) has one painted Navia and one or two (I can't remember which) painted Maseitai in each case. The Navia is either Io or Krra, and the painted Maseitai are versions of the starter pieces, M01-M14. That leaves 33-34 regular grey Maseitai from numbers 15-29, or about two full sets given a flat distribution. (I never picked up a case myself, so I don't know if they always contain two full sets.)

Resurgence has one clear Navia (from 1-6), two painted Navia (one each 5, 6), and 9 painted Maseitai (from 15-44) in each case. That leaves 24 grey Maseitai from numbers 30-44, and you are guaranteed to get a full set in a sealed case.

The theory is that overall distribution is flat within each category. I don't know how well theory matched reality. I do know when Resurgence first came out, most of the cases had the same distribution; they did contain everything advertised, but had exactly the same painted Maseitai, clear Navia and greys, all packed in the same boosters. Bandai did have a return program, but the surge might still have filtered into piece prices and rarity, especially on a local scale. (I had 4 indentical boosters with painted Kapinahs, grey Gilgame III, grey Laynard for a while...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.