Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thunder Wong
Hong Kong
HK
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A number of cards specify that they may not ignore cards with protected icons. But some don't, for example Hank Highflyer Hawk. Are protected cards able to be immune from those which don't specify that they may not ignore protected cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:About the Protected Icon
tw252 (#50740),

From the rules: "When these cards are active in the combat or support areas, they are protected from any opposing effects. The cards cannot be ignored or discarded by the opponent, and their values cannot be reduced by the opponent."

This leads me to believe that no opposing cards can affect one with the Protected icon, whether it explicitly mentions it or not.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This leads me to believe that no opposing cards can affect one with the Protected icon, whether it explicitly mentions it or not.

Correct. I think whether or not the PROTECTED icon is mentioned is down to space on card, clarity and similar issues. But that bit is definitely one of my comments with no guarantees as to its accuracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think whether or not the PROTECTED icon is mentioned is down to space on card, clarity and similar issues. But that bit is definitely one of my comments with no guarantees as to its accuracy.

Last sentence above was definitely a good idea. Searching all the cards, the PROTECTED icon is mentioned in two cases
(a) When the card refers to icons, and (b) When the card refers to all cards, or all cards of a particular category. There are no current exceptions to (a), there is one exception to (b), Cast Cataclysm, and I don't know why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.