Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone begun work on a Cyberboard or VASSAL mod for this game? I have a copy in front of me, but I'm MUCH more likely to be able to get a game in, especially a solo trial run to iron out my rules understanding, if I had a way to do it over several weeks via computer.

Randy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Most of us here in the US don't have our copies in front of us, let alone trying to get anything set up in Cyberboard or VASSAL. If you're inclined, please get your copy scanned and in VASSAL asap so we can play while we wait for the literal slow boat from China cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game but can't make head nor tail of the rules. Therefore if anyone does have a Cyberboard or Vassal module and wanted to patiently walk me through it I'd be more than grateful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade wrote:
I have the game but can't make head nor tail of the rules. Therefore if anyone does have a Cyberboard or Vassal module and wanted to patiently walk me through it I'd be more than grateful.

The rules have a lot of jargon that serves to make things a little harder to digest at first. But a test run last night proved to me that the game itself is actually fairly streamlined, clean, and accessible. Stick with it: set up the board and just start running through the sequence of play. The player aid card helps a lot, as it basically gives you a menu of choices for each step of the turn.

If someone does that module, we'll have to give the game a spin!

Randy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Riekkinen
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmb
100%Blade wrote:

Theres few things that help to learn the rules a) every sentence can be important, as theres many important rules that can be easily skipped b) the manual is in turn order. Basicly, setup a game, and start going trough. First comes innovation, then cards and so on.. Its easiest to learn by just going through few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipp wrote:
Has anyone begun work on a Cyberboard or VASSAL mod for this game?

I am currently working on a Gamebox for Origins. Cubes, Brains, Climate Cards and maps are all done, I have now to do the Era CArds (I'm halfway through the Era I deck)

Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.