United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of points I'd like clarified before playing my first game (hopefully tomorrow night).

I want to know if I understand the timing of creature attacks right. I'll give a two encounter example. Please correct me where I'm wrong.

Encounter 1: "Medusa"
Round 1: Four players draw for initiative. The player attacks total 100, bringing her down to 55 Life Points.
Round 2: Four players draw for initiative. Player 3 flips heads and takes 5 points of damage. Player 4 flips tails and takes 15 points of damage. The player attacks total 75, killing her.
End of Encounter.

Encounter 2: "Minotaur"
Round 1: Four players draw for initiative. Player 1 plays "rock" and all other players play "scissors". The player attacks total 100, bringing it down to 50 Life Points. Minotaur attacks Player 1 for 10 points of damage.
Round 2: Four players draw for initiative. Player 1 plays "rock" and all other players play "scissors". The player attacks total 75, killing it.
End of Encounter.

In this case: "Medusa" is a type of creature that attacks a random player, so the damage is applied at the beginning of the following round (after drawing for initiative). "Minotaur" is a type of creature that attacks specific players, so the damage is applied at the end of the current round (before drawing for initiative for the next round).

I think a special symbol on each Encounter card would've helped to clear up the timing - one symbol for beginning of round attacks (except the first) and another for end of round attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the designer:

Symbols may have been a good idea. Perhaps on a future reprint.

That said, you have correctly identified how and when the creatures of the different types attack.

Have fun at your game - and if you haven't already, pop by smirkanddagger.com for the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
Smirky wrote:
Have fun at your game - and if you haven't already, pop by smirkanddagger.com for the FAQ.

I was doing so while you were responding, it seems. Some of those scenarios seem like they would occur so infrequently that I get a kick out of the fact that they are in something called "Frequently Asked Questions". Thanks for taking the time to answer mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.