Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a copy of S&T19, but the cover is white, heavy, glossy paper, not yellow/brown.

Was this a reprint? I can't remember back that far, but I'm pretty sure that the issue my friend had - lo these many years ago - was the yellowish/brown cover. I've seen other early S&T's with this same monochrome white cover. Was there a series of reprints at some point? I should remember this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The original printing definitely had the brown cover, so there must have been at least one reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kazadvorn wrote:
I have a copy of S&T19, but the cover is white, heavy, glossy paper, not yellow/brown.

Was this a reprint? I can't remember back that far, but I'm pretty sure that the issue my friend had - lo these many years ago - was the yellowish/brown cover. I've seen other early S&T's with this same monochrome white cover. Was there a series of reprints at some point? I should remember this.

This question is so old that my answer probably won't be seen, but there was indeed a run of reprints of early S&T issues.

I'll see if I don't have more information on this in my game magazine archives, and come back here if I do. Right now I'm not at all sure which issues were reprinted, but they were all done with the black and white covers rather than the color covers of the original copies. As I recall, at least some of them, if not all, lacked the game inserts, or perhaps it was only the counter sheets. Some of the earliest issues were bound four to a reprinted magazine, but I'm not sure how many, though I know that I have at least one of those.

When I have more useful information in hand, I'll post that here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
kazadvorn wrote:

This question is so old that my answer probably won't be seen, but there was indeed a run of reprints of early S&T issues.

I'll see if I don't have more information on this in my game magazine archives, and come back here if I do. Right now I'm not at all sure which issues were reprinted, but they were all done with the black and white covers rather than the color covers of the original copies. As I recall, at least some of them, if not all, lacked the game inserts, or perhaps it was only the counter sheets. Some of the earliest issues were bound four to a reprinted magazine, but I'm not sure how many, though I know that I have at least one of those.

When I have more useful information in hand, I'll post that here.

I could be wrong, but I thought they reprinted all the S&Ts that came with counters on color paper (ie: non punchboard) which would be issues #18 thru #26. In these reprints they included the more standard punchable counters and I think spruced up the maps (more color).

There were indeed some early issues which were bound together but I can't track down where I saw that info. I'll repost if I see it again

Ok think I found it. 4 books:
Book I
1/72. Contains reprints of issues 1 through 6.
Book II
3/72. Contains reprints of issues 7 through 12.
Book III
5/72. Contains reprints of issues 13 through 15.
Book IV
6/72. Contains reprints of issues 16 through 18.

source: http://www.costik.com/spicom/sandt.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC there are two different reprints of S&T 19, I would have to dig them up to be sure it's been decades since I looked, but going from memory one has the word "Reprint" printed in a large font on the corner of the front cover, the other is the one that came with the flat tray edition of the game, IIRC the cover is white and omits the publication date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.