Subject: New Years Eve in London rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Pressley
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
So, I'll be in London for New Years Eve and wondered if anybody had suggestions for things to do. I see that there appears to be a big Times Square-like thing along the river near the Houses of Parliament. Is it worthwhile to hear Big Ben chime in the new year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For many Brits the chimes of Big Ben are what herald in the New Year. So yes, if you're in London getting within earshot of them is a nice idea. I see that this year a 10-minute firework display is taking place at the London Eye, just across the river from Big Ben.

A large crowd usually masses in Trafalgar Square, with drunks jumping in the fountains causing the first health and safety panic of the new year.

Otherwise, you'd be well advised to pick up a copy of Time Out, London's listings magazine, for details of all manner of events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.