Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these games mutually exclusive? Do they scratch the same itch? If so, what game does it better?

I've been reading nothing but praise for Last Night on Earth, and finally got to play it last night. Though I enjoyed the experience, it made me wonder if I was missing out on any fun regarding this title.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
i posted a similar thread awhile back....

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1871519

Since then I downloaded Zombie Plague and Dead of Night. I have printed and played Zombie Plague and like it a lot. I like the rules for DoN, but will have to wait until after the holidays to print it up as I think it will be a bit more expensive then ZP was.

ZP cost me about $25 dollars to have printed on heavy card stock. I then cut out the game board pieces and mounted them to mounting board. I will post some pictures to my gallery in a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd say LNoE. You can actually shoot guns, there are multiple scenarios, characters are different. There's a good deal of luck, but not as much, not nearly so much screw-your-buddy (if you like that, though, Zombies is good).

I LOVE Dead of Night. Fantastic. I played once so far (Screwed up the printing BAD, so I'm remaking it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rivera
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and have enjoyed playing both, but LNOE is so much more fun in a group then Zombies is. The only truly neg. about LNOE is that the soundtrack sux. If you like zombies Mall of Horrors is worth checking out as well.
So a brief synopsis:

MOH - the best mechanics of the the three, and the better screw your neighbor game

LNOE - The most thematic and the best to have a story line.

Zombies - the easiest to learn and the best for new gamers.

I actually like to play Mall more then the others. And if you have to own just one, my order of purchase would be MOH, LNOE, then Zombies. All are fun however and have there strong points as stated above. Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both, as well as Mall of Horror (which I actually like best of all). I think Last Night is a much better game than Zombies (from a pure game mechanics perspective). Zombies is only worth playing because of the zombie theme (without it, the game is very weak). Last Night is the way to go for some cooperative play... MoH is definitely cutthroat, but has very entertaining mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.