Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenging, fun and easy to play

Wow. What a game. Or is it? Maybe it's a puzzle. Maybe it's a brainteaser. Maybe it's a little bit of each.

No matter how you choose to classify Ricochet Robot, I know this much--it's a lot of fun. We play this to stretch our brains out before going on to other games, as it really puts your mental agility to the test. I do think calling it a competitive puzzle may be the closest simple way to categorize this challenging game.

PROS: very high replayability as the paths and conditions you need to study change greatly, there is very little luck that impacts the results of the game -- even the luck present (which "points" you need to connect) merely sets the stage for how everyone approaches a round, it plays very quickly, the brain burning nature of the game is very challenging, and it features solid and well made components with clear, easy to read rules.

CONS: there is reall not much interaction (other than 'bidding' and bragging), it is quite mentality engaging--may be too cerebral for casual or young gamers.

So what keeps it from getting a perfect rating? Its puzzle-oriented style keeps it from getting called out more often by some in my gaming circle--they're intimidated by the game! And while there are virtually endless paths, combinations and circuits the robots may need to cross, eventually you may feel that you've "done that before".

Final score: 8/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.