16 Posts

Heroscape Expansion Set: Aquilla's Alliance » Forums » General

Subject: What the? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harley Thomas
Canada
flag msg tools
Wasn't this, Ticalla Jungle and Defenders of Kinsland supposed to be relased last month or was there a set back that I knew nothing about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Jekel
Poland
Torun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that it would be available in January 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This set ships with Ticalla Jungle...both will arrive sometime in 2008, I'm betting on first quarter.

Defenders will also ship sometime in 2008 as a usual set of four packs in one shipping box...I'd bet it will arrive in the spring, if past releases are any indication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Thomas
Canada
flag msg tools
Well then. Waiting patiently for new releases to get the elves, Marro Calvary from the Defenders of Kinsland and Wu-Sa-Ga from the new large hero expansion set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no official release date for this, Ticalla Jungle, or Wave 8? I'm on pins and needles here! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Thomas
Canada
flag msg tools
I'll cry if the release date gets changed again.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking to a friend about this and we came to the conclusion that this might be a lead paint issue. Didnt all the firestorm about lead paint in toys start in November? If this was the case and the figures had lead paint the company may have had to scrap everything that was done and start over which could take a while. Also could explain the marvel expansion not being out yet.

This of course completely a guess and in no way is factual about the lead paint one way or the other. Just a thought we had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although if it's a lead paint issue, couldn't alot of the older HS figures have lead paint as well? Maybe we should be concerned about that (*takes figure out of mouth, gargles*).

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarleyThomas1002 wrote:
I'll cry if the release date gets changed again.cry
Here's a tissue, then -

what with today's news of more HS delays....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And some more tissues for the next time it happens too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Thomas
Canada
flag msg tools
If there was lead pain in some of the older HS set wouldn't there have been a recall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a lead paint issue. It has to do with a shake-up with Heroscape being transfered from Hasbro's MB division to the WotC division.

The folks at WotC have said this product will not be released as previously packaged. They still intend to release the figures, but probably not as a large heroes expansion.

More info here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Thomas
Canada
flag msg tools
Defenders of Kinsland has been confirmed to be released in June of this year but the other sets haven't been confirmed.

Quote:
The first product for Heroscape under direction from Wizards will be Small Expansion Set 8 releasing in June 2008, and is called “Defenders of Kinsland.” The 19-figure set will feature assorted heroes, militia, Marro GRok Riders and Elves. Additional sets will follow later in 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's now been announced that WOTC is still going to continue with the release of Ticalla Jungle and Aquilla's Alliance as planned.

Check it out! http://heroscapers.com/?p=190 ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived last week and in play!!! Nice add-on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.