7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Best Co-op game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McCaffery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello, I need some help choosing a Co-operative board game. Games I own to date are Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Puerto Rico, Power Grid and Lost Cities and I normally play with 2-4 players. So which is the best Co-op game? People have mentioned Shadow Over Camelot, Lord of the Rings (i like the theme)and Arkham Horror, what do you guys think? perhaps there are better ones that I am yet to hear of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1802406
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared McClellan
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on your current collection, I'd go with Lord of the Rings, which is both well-played and well-liked in my group. Since you like the theme, it's doubly good! I also own Arkham Horror, but in my experience, you need a dedicated group of gamers who are into the theme to get much out of it. I can't comment on Shadows over Camelot, since I've never played it. You'll lose a lot of games of LotR, but it's never dull. We haven't lost a game of AH, but I haven't heard any of my friends gush about its greatness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanished Planet also deserves looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group loves Shadows over Camelot, but it plays best with more (4+) and not so well with less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People always say games like Arkham Horror and Shadows over Camelot, but they really are just games with people on the same team (but not working the nuts and bolts of the game, i.e. the encounters, cooperatively).

I'd say skip those and look into titles like Descent, Last Night on Earth and anything else based around the Dungeon Crawl paradigm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, keep your eye on Pandemic which is supposed to be available 1Q08.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.