Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a handful of print and play games that I am too lazy to print out but would be willing to pay someone else to print and assemble for me. What do you think someone would charge to print and assemble Oh No, There Goes Tokyo!? (not sure why the game's name is mangled)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some print and play projects like Barbarian Prince, and considering the cost of materials (especially colored ink!) and the time involved in making a decent copy, I wouldn't be surprised if you were looking at $40-50.

There's a pretty good reason most people aren't cranking these games out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Board, cards, and a bunch of tiny counters, I wouldn't be surprised if the cost would be even higher. Depends on the labor that goes into it (and how nice a copy you really want).

A really nice copy with a laminated board (protect the playing surface), laminated cards and counters and a nice full telescoping box could send the cost way up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a copy of Oh No There Goes Tokyo. It has a lot of counters and a set of cards per player and a four part board.

For the effort involved I would prefer to make up 2 or 3 other games.

You can make a really good version of Dune with less ink ( the cards and counters can be B&W it you want. Which would be a better game for your ink investment.

Generally speaking you can often print a big colourful board in Black and White and Hand colour it with coloured pencils or highlighter pens. This is what I did with my Print and Play version of Lost Patrol.

It seems that a lot of Print and Play game designers get carried away with the colour. They produce full colour boards and cards not really considering the Mr Public dosen't want to spend £15 on ink before they've even tried the game.

I posted a review today of Big Game Hunters of the Universe which is good example of a Black and White only Print and Play game. It would have been good if the designer Mike Petty had included a full colour version of the cards as well as the Black and White. Having played the Cheap to produce Black and White, I would have happily printed a full colour version.

As a reccommendation check out Space Junkyard, that has a couple of tile sets with differn't amounts of colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the advice and the cool game recommendations. I would tip you but I gave my last GG to that nine circles of hell geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
craniac wrote:
What do you think someone would charge to print and assemble Oh No, There Goes Tokyo!? (not sure why the game's name is mangled)

The game's name is mangled due to a badly written regexp. It matches on /, the/ when it should match on /, the$/.

See Catan for an example of the regexp working as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.