Subject: Don't play with your role card! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Potter
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the title doesn't make sense, but it will in a moment.

We had a villiage of nine today, too many for a wolf pack of two, but too few for three. So, I went with 2 and a half.

2 werewolves
1 pretender
1 seer
5 civvies.

The pretender would win with the werewolves, but neither would know the identity of the other.

Night 1: I barred the wolves from a kill, to keep proper pairity. However, I gave the seer a head start. She found an innocent.

Day 1: A deathly silence loomed over the town. I mentioned this sarcastically. They mentioned that they usually get ideas abut who to lynch based on the previous night's kill. After many random and baseless accusations, someone pointed the finger at Christina, who you'll remember from "Wolves vs. Masons." (You 'member, 'member?) Once again, she thought it would be best to sacrifice herself for the good of the town. She couldn't have been more wrong! Because she allowed herself to be lynched, the town lost their seer! I gave her a stern talking to about that.

Day 2: Overnight, the wolves attacked Kelli, who wasn't a threat to anyone or anything. Another townie bites the dust. I told the town it was Lynch or Lose right now. Jean came under the gun, because most people believed she was most likely to "eat her young," so to speak. But these arguements were later dropped. Afterward, Justin Spencer was suspected, and subsequently aquitted. Karen, who lead both these investigations, was then tried, convicted, and hung. Sadly, it was an innocent lynch. Just then, a thought occured to me...if the werewolves accidentally kill the pretender at night, the town still has a chance. I sent the game into night right away.

Day 3: After I told the town that Mari had been attacked by the wolves, there was only one thought on every towine's mind: Please let her be the pretender! I milked the reveal for all it was worth. Sure enough, she WAS the pretender! Now, it really was Lylo. Justin Spencer said it would be best to eliminate Justin Tucker, to avoid name confusion. Frank agreed quickly. Tucker, on the other hand, pointed out a potential scum-pair in Spencer and Frank. In the end, the town chose to hang Spencer, who was the alpha-wolf.

Now here comes the part where the title makes sense...After the alpha-wolf as killed, I notice Frank tapping his role card on the table. It was tilted, so that the person next to him could see plainly that he was the other werewolf. I glared at him and scolded him for revealing his role, because I knew I'd never get another chance to lord over him like that ever again. But because the group insisted that nobody saw his card, I decided to let the game continue.

I should have laid down the law, and modkilled Frank, giving the game to the town. But, the town ended up winning anyway, so what difference did it make?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.