Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am here to inform you we have reached and surpassed our preorder limit with a preorder count of 856 as of right now (9:20 am EST). Awesome! Thank you for your support.

So now what?

Ok, here's the scoop. The game will be printed. Work never stopped on the translation of the game, but now we have a clear goal to meet. So we are working diligently on all the translations, which then have to be proofed and reproofed, etc. We are also working on an extended and clear set of solo play rules which will be added to the rulebook.

This will take time of course and our goal is to have the game at the printers by mid-January. Barring any printing mishaps this means we should see the game in April.

We are going to leave the preorder window open until the end of the year. Those who preorder get a special
24-card pack of new cards as mentioned in my previous thread. As an extra preorder feature we are going to add animeeples: sheep, boar and cattle. So instead of cubes, those who preorder will get appropriately shaped wooden animals. (99%. Assuming the manufacturer comes through and the price is right - but if you preorder and it does come through you will get it).

To those who sent/will send credit card info - you will be charged when the files go to the printer.

I will post when the files reach the printer and production is under way. Also, any other news I get about the production I'll pass on to you as well.

Hopefully I left nothing out and this post clearly states all the information needed now. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks once again for the incredible show of support!

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been four years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
Animeeples, awesome! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awe, Zev... You make my day. Animeeples? YES! I can't wait until it gets printed. As a side note, I think I may be getting some Z-Man games for Christmas. Exciting! Thanks again for proving this community with a great new publisher that listens to the people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Faris
United States
Taylor Mill
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing....Thank you for your hard work on getting this done.

Thank you , Zev!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! 100+ more than the required preorder amount? I knew things would start flying when it looked like we were getting close, but that's above and beyond what I was expecting. That combined with the details on cheaper European shipping probably helped.

And with the announced animeeple preorder bonus (sweet!), I'm sure you'll see a number of additional preorders before the end of the year.

I can't wait for April!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kahan
United States
Annandale
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev- Congrats on making the Pre-Order and you have just made my Hannukah! Animeeples also sound awesome and will add even more realism to the game!

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman wrote:
As an extra preorder feature we are going to add animeeples: sheep, boar and cattle. So instead of cubes, those who preorder will get appropriately shaped wooden animals.

Animeeples

Hm, i wonder whether i should buy the english edition and make german paste-ups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I'm psyched!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
North Ridgeville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Animeeples!!!!! Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the Animeeples come through. To borrow words from a podcast: That would just add to the goober in the game.

Thanks to everyone who preordered the game early so that this product will be printed in English. Now I have another reason to look forward to the Spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, am I correct in assuming that there will be no wooden cubes what so ever in the pre-order verson and just the animeeples? Or will there be extra wooden cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Zev! I can't wait to see the fancy animeeples!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cool!
What kind of Animeeples?

...Are we THERE yet?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brikke -
msg tools
wittdooley wrote:
I think I may be getting some Z-Man games for Christmas.

You should definitely consider picking up Primordial Soup, if you can. It is a great game, AND its theme also concerns hunger, feeding, and ...ehm ... pooing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Zev! I truly love this game, and I am happy it is your company that is publishing it. I am confident in the end quality of the product we will receive.

Now, any more info on those bonus cards? Are they going to be half and half Minor Imps and Occupations? Evenly distributed among E,I,K? Want to learn more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthaginian wrote:
Cool!
What kind of Animeeples?

I can answer that.
Black boars, white sheep and brown cows. 2 out of 3 will be new molds.

And they will be available through Lookout Games (and probably other localized lanugages), too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Question, am I correct in assuming that there will be no wooden cubes what so ever in the pre-order verson and just the animeeples? Or will there be extra wooden cubes?

***If the animeeples happen you will get no wooden cubes - just the animal-shaped wood. Of course all else wooden will be as in the original game (discs, fences, houses, etc.)

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared McClellan
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton. A 15 dollar discount and wooden animals.

I bet MeeplePeople.com will unveil an Agricola line early next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smidt
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!!
ANIMEEPLESthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man. I had never preordered anything before, but now that there will be animeeples, I couldn't be happier that this was my first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hanno wrote:
carthaginian wrote:
Cool!
What kind of Animeeples?
2 out of 3 will be new molds.

Is it coldcast wood ? wood injection? two-part quick-curing wood?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/250254
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pre-ordered...these bonuses were too much for me to resist!!!!!!

Looking forward to April. Luckily there is alot of stuff to do and games to play in the interim!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is fantastic news, Zev. Thank you so much for the time and effort you and Hanno have put in to make this happen. And a huge thanks to the gamer community, both here at the Geek and elsewhere. Agricola lives! We are the 750!

And Animeeples! Talk about the icing on the cake! It's funny, even before I'd a chance to try the game, I used my Geekbadge to do a little subliminal advertising (and take advantage of the name's similarity to a certain soft drink) with a message of "Try Agricola!". Some of my gaming buddies kidded me that I was pimping a game I hadn't even played yet! But now, with this latest announcement, we have a new and improved slogan:

TRY AGRICOLA - NOW WITH ANIMEEPLES!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
I am SOOOOO glad that I preordered. So, am I to understand that all orders after the preorder, and what is going to the retailers will be the normal wood cubes? That is a huge bonus for preordering! Maybe Valley Games should take note of this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.