Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 statisticians are out hunting. They see a duck suddenly fly by. The first one shoots, and goes over it by 6 inches. The second one shoots and goes under it by 6 inches. The third one shouts, "We got him! We got him!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the bird looks back at the statisticians with a big smile and says, "I guess you needed a bigger sample size!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
puckhead wrote:
"I guess you needed a bigger sample size!"

That's what SHE said!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
booned wrote:
That's what SHE said!

But she didn't "mean" it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several decades ago I was told, by the head of a graduate statistics department, that a statistician was someone who could stick his head in the oven and his feet in the freezer and declare, "On average, this is a very comfortable temperature".

I find the test image that conjures up to be as entertaining as the punchline itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

TOP 10 REASONS TO STUDY ECONOMICS

1. Economists are armed and dangerous: "Watch out for our invisible hands."
2. Economists can supply it on demand.
3. You can talk about money without every having to make any.
4. You get to say "trickle down" with a straight face.
5. Mick Jagger and Arnold Schwarzenegger both studied economics and look how they turned out.
6. When you are in the unemployment line, at least you will know why you are there.
7. If you rearrange the letters in "ECONOMICS", you get "COMIC NOSE".
8. Although ethics teaches that virtue is its own reward, in economics we get taught that reward is its own virtue.
9. When you get drunk, you can tell everyone that you are just researching the law of diminishing marginal utility.
10. When you call 1-900-LUV-ECON and get Kandi Keynes, you will have something to talk about.

(Yeah I know it's not statistics, but economics uses statistics as one of its primary tools (I should know, I had to study statistics for my economics degree and it was exactly like the original joke above.))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of people were once traveling in a hot air balloon and became lost. They were low on fuel, so they looked for the nearest person who could tell them where they were. Seeing a small group of people in a nearby field, they touched down a short distance away and asked them where they were. The group of men in the field said "hold on a minute!" After several minutes, the people in the balloon asked again, "please! We are low on fuel, and we just want to know where we are!" to which the men replied, "we are still discussing that! Just hold on!" After a while, one of the men turned back to the couple in the balloon and said, "we have figured it out! You are in a balloon!" It was then that the couple knew that they were speaking to a group of mathematicians; their answer was absolutely correct, but it was also absolutely useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.