Popular Tags: [View All]
Ant Lawrance
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I've seen the Cursed Seas Plunder Pack advertised over on Infinity Games and have already placed an order for it but I am just wondering if any one here has a 'copy' of it and what their opinions on the map are and whether it is a good investment. I'm not really starting out in the Pirates area as such but I am looking to expand on the two boosters I already have to give a bit of variety to try and persuade a friend to play a game every so often.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cursed Seas is not scheduled for release until February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Herro
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cursed seas plunder packs are available now.

They have the map, 2 Ocean's Edge mega packs and a 10 mast glow in the dark ship with a crew for $24.99. The 10 master is a LE from the Cursed Seas set.

The map is ok, its a thin vinyl and Im currently trying to figure out how to get the wrinkles out of it. If I can get it to lay completely flat it will be a very nice playing surface.

The 10 mast ship is super cool though...glow in the dark pirates!

If you can get the map from Gale Force 9 It is much nicer, but a bit too big for 2 players and pretty expensive.

If you ask at your FLGS, you can probably get a look at the map to see what you think as the boxes can be opened without destroying the packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Plunder Pack is now available.

Update is that Pirates of the Cursed Seas is the new name for the game. The next expansion is Rise of the Fiends, currently scheduled for February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guru Gaku
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Col. Forbin wrote:
The map is ok, its a thin vinyl and Im currently trying to figure out how to get the wrinkles out of it. If I can get it to lay completely flat it will be a very nice playing surface.

I read in another post (I think it was under PotSM: Quest for Davy Jones' Gold) that you can flatten the vinyl mat using warm water in a bathtub to first soften it, then laying it out on a table or other flat surface.

I haven't tried it yet, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of whether or not is works, but it may be worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.