Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I can get small card sleeves?

I finally got myself a copy of Kremlin and I want to put all the cards in sleeves, but 3x4 is way too big. The cards are closer to 2x3.

I've checked out BCW and UltraPro. Any smaller companies that produce these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but it will be hard to get these. So far only in Korea i was able to find sleeves for different sized cards (including small cards).

http://www.interhobby.co.kr/shop/shopbrand.html?xcode=056&mc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Yes, but it will be hard to get these. So far only in Korea i was able to find sleeves for different sized cards (including small cards).

You know, if you had 1gg for everytime you gave that out...you'd have a BUNCH of gg!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hisst Ka wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

You know, if you had 1gg for everytime you gave that out...you'd have a BUNCH of gg!!!!!!!!!

Yeap! I hope that sooner or later a store owner will read this and will decide to import and sell these sleeves in Europe/USA.

It is *very difficult* to get these unless you or a friend visits Korea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup: Interhobby's the best. I just placed an order for 600 sleeves and some dice: having them sent to my in-laws for forwarding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question: When are the game producers going to start making regular sized cards instead of these tiny little cards, that send us searching the four corners of the world for card sleeves? I'm actually at the point where I'm considering holding off purchases and lowering game ratings (for components) because of these tiny poor quality cards. Charge me the extra $1.50 or whatever it costs, just make the card sizes normal please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
4Corners wrote:
Charge me the extra $1.50 or whatever it costs, just make the card sizes normal please.

If it costs the manufacturer $1.50 extra per deck, the end-cost to you will likely be an additional $6 or $7. Would you be willing to pay that much extra for full-sized cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
greg wrote:
4Corners wrote:
Charge me the extra $1.50 or whatever it costs, just make the card sizes normal please.

If it costs the manufacturer $1.50 extra per deck, the end-cost to you will likely be an additional $6 or $7. Would you be willing to pay that much extra for full-sized cards?

It'd be a good-selling expansion, that's for sure.

See Ticket to Ride 1910 as evidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, absolutely. I end paying between $5-12 for card sleeves, and that's only if I'm lucky enough to find a supplier that has the right sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Korea that could forward them to me so I guess I'm SOL. If anyone does put an order in at some point, I would gladly go in on the order with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4Corners wrote:
Here's a question: When are the game producers going to start making regular sized cards instead of these tiny little cards, that send us searching the four corners of the world for card sleeves? I'm actually at the point where I'm considering holding off purchases and lowering game ratings (for components) because of these tiny poor quality cards. Charge me the extra $1.50 or whatever it costs, just make the card sizes normal please.

Amen to that. These nicely produced games that come with either crappy quality full sized cards or worse, crappy small cards really spoil the overall package.

While it might be more than $1.50 I don't think it would be more than $4.00, or at least they should consider NOT marking this part of it up more than that.

Cards are probably the component most prone to wear besides the board, I think most people would agree good quality cards are highly desirable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Ashby
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4Corners wrote:
... these tiny poor quality cards.

Are we talking about FFG's small cards? I ask because they're actually really sturdy, and, if you've ever played Arkham Horror, you'd seriously appreciate the decision to go with small sized cards for the items and things.
AH actually has both sizes, the encounter and mythos cards are full-sized, and the items/allies/spells/skills are small.
All I'm saying is that there's valid reasons to go with a small size, like conserving table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
So when is someone going to fill the market niche for small-size card sleeves outside of Korea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sapp
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was clicking on the listings on that Korea site randomly and noticed that one of them had "Power Grid" in English in the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of finding small sleeves I switched to hot-laminating the cards, then cutting them out. It takes quite some work, but I prefer this protection now over sleeves as sleeves arent completely closed, so dirt and such may gather in them.

However it's quite alot of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also shocked no one outside Korea sells unusual sized card sleeves. I've buy tons for the various odd sized game cards I have. Come on online store owners, you got a market here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beckey
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If an online retailer sold tiny card sleeves they would get 100% of my card sleeve business!

Maybe there could be a tiny card sleeve microbadge to raise awareness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.