Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one was up next. Good to play with the kiddies (5 & 8 years old), and we had 6 eager beavers as we'd all played before.

I recently re-read the rules, and I'm anxious to try now with 5 or 7, where there is a solo player -- we'd missed the rule where that player gets to discard 2 cards as if they'd taken them in a trick! That'd be a definite help; more than just the 4-point guarantee. But we had 6 for this one, so partners for everyone. cool

Anyhow, my daughter went out 1st on trick one, followed quickly by Mom, and then Paul. Theresa, son, and I fought it out for the bottom; I won, and came in last :0.

On the next hand, I saw my daughter was ready to go out 1st, and she wasn't on my team, so I took a chance -- I played my 2 killer whales over her one. That left me with a lion and a lowly skeeter. I knew that the elephants were all gone, and I took a gamble that the lions were spread out. No, my PARTNER (Paul) overtakes my lead, and then goes out first; but I'm now destined for last again! Doh! My daughter and her partner, Theresa, both got out next, and Paul did OK with the 3 lions.

So, on the last hand, I'm paired up with Theresa. We're doing OK, and she went out 2nd. I overtook her trick, and am looking at going out 3rd. I played a lion, and it went around. So I've got a polar bear and alligator left. I figured that the elephants were gone, but there are still killer whales, so I'll go with the gator. Ugh! Paul's got 2 gators, and my polar bear can't beat anything left, and I'm last AGAIN! Unlucky!

But we had fun anyhow . Paul ended up winning on a tie-break over my daughter, both with 21 pts. My son comes in 3rd, with 16, in a tie-break with Theresa. The "gracious hosts", my wife Karen, is next with 14, and I'm scraping the bottom with a lowly 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.