Subject: Size of miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brah
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've had the thought that this game might be worth purchasing for the miniatures alone, although the game design certainly looks intriguing.

While it looks like the scale is off for certain figures, like the oliphaunt, I was curious what the general scale is for the minis. I've read that the scale is 25mm, but are the minis larger than say the ones in LOTR Risk, which seem to be about 20mm roughly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hellboy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Size of miniatures?
johnbrah (#51774),
These minis are not 25mm. Closer to 15mm, I'd guesstimate. Maybe you're thinking of Games Workshop's LotR miniature game? Those are 25mm pewter minis, but obviously a totally different game.

The War of the Ring minis are nicely sculpted and full of detail. The oliphant isn't in scale with the other pieces, and I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure the Nazgul are a smaller scale as well (but, then, they're riding Fell Beasts with upswept wings, making them the biggest pieces in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Size of miniatures?
johnbrah (#51774),
Most of the figures are in "real" 25 mm scale (ie. 1/72), which is much smaller than what is now the standard in fantasy games, who use in fact 32-38 mm as the size of your standard human.

This is about the scale of the "classic" 25 mm wargame figures and the size of plastic figures like Airfix, Revell, Atlantic and so on.

We tried to keep all pieces in scale, even if this is nor really important for the game in itself, but we had to make exception for two items, the Mumak and the Nazgul, which are completely out of scale and just as big as their base size allows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.