Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Robertson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought this game for my sister, an avid movie fan, a couple years ago for Christmas. Over the holidays we played it many times, with different groups of people, and most enjoyed it.

The game tests your knowledge of movies and movie trivia using 5 categories, including:

* Two actors name the movie - like a step in the Kevin Bacon game
* Two movies name the actor
* Who am I? Sort of like an "It's your life" clue
* Spot the mistake - pick the word that doesn't fit in a series of four words (usually movie setting, actor, director, etc.)
* I forget the fifth category - I think it might be where you are told three keywords and you have to guess the movie.

The game board is simply sequence of spaces on the flange of a movie reel, with the numbers 1 through 5 printed in order on the spaces. You roll a die to movie your pawn along the track, and an opponent asks you a question corresponding to the number you landed on. If you answer correctly, you get to roll again.

Along the track are placed special "Reel Action" spaces, which if you land on them, allow you to draw a card from the Reel Action deck. These cards instruct you to move forward or backward some number of spaces.

Once you have gone around the reel, a strip of film extends away from it, representing the "Final Frame" spaces, marked with a number between 1 and 3. When you land on these spaces, a question is read from a different set of cards. These cards have different but fairly similar categories of questions on them. The winner is the player who comes to the end of the Final Frame track first.

It's immediately obvious that this game is very similar to Trivial Pursuit. Roll a die, answer a question, roll again if you're right. Of course, in Director's Cut there isn't anything like pie wedges - it's just a simple race to the finish. Also like Trivial Pursuit, you might find yourself just asking questions with your friends, rather than playing the game.

At this point, you might as well just play Kevin Bacon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.