Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
This article is to clarify a potentially misleading rules interpretation of this game that I made elsewhere on BGG.

In my session report posted on BGG I note that the rules are unclear as to whether a unit may make more than one melee attack per phase. This conclusion was based on several readings of the rules.

I was recently reviewing the rules for an upcoming campaign a friend and I are planning. I noticed that the rules are very clear: a unit may only melee once per phase. There are some limited exceptions such as the multiple attack rules. Having playtested the "unlimited" attack option, I can attest to the need of having a limited attack rule. The rules are also clear that a hex can only be attacked once per melee phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Lipka
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is quite old, so I am sure that you have noticed that Continuous Combat (11.87) allows for a single hex to be attacked in Melee numerous times in the same Phase.

As the Roman, I live for the chance to get my Commander and a Cohort face up against a Jewish stack with my -2 drm. Continuous Combat with a Killer Stack on a dr of 4,5 or 6 !

As the Jew, I get even more excited when I am doing it to the Roman with ben Yair (-1) at Night (-1) in the Temple (-1) ... against Archers in the Open. Of course, the dreaded "Snake Eye" seems to stop me in my tracks far more often than would be reasonably probable. But that's another story.

Combined with the Multiple Attack, Continuous Combat can be a killer tactic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.